Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Mama's Chocolate Pie



This August we are having fun exploring our church cookbook, we are putting some of the recipes to the test. How will they turn out when we make them? I asked the ladies of the church to pick out a recipe, prepare it and send me a pic. I will be adding a new recipe picture every day as they come in. I hope you enjoy our culinary adventure. 


This time it's me, Mary. I made 
Mama's Chocolate Pie on page 86. 

I had a good time making this recipe for a couple of reasons, 
1. I wondered if it was Ms. Jeanne's mom's recipe, if that was so, I wondered how many times it had been made and the lives that thad enjoyed it. 
2. The second reason I liked making it was because it is a simple recipe with simple ingredients. 

I used a store bought crust, then following the cookbook directions, I poured the chocolate liquid into the pie crust. 
There was one unusual instruction, I was to stir the pie filling during the baking time. I did what it said, opened the oven door a couple times and stirred it while baking in the crust. It all worked out fine. I baked it about 30 min. but mostly I baked it until it started bubbling. When it was done, I refrigerated it several hours then served it for our fellowship lunch. 







Thumbs up from our lunch guests  


Mmm .. it is very good. 


If you are curious about this tally, you might ask Dick what he was so good at that he got the most points. 


No comments:

Post a Comment