Sunday, August 9, 2015

Mediterranean Hummus


This August we are having fun exploring our church cookbook, we are putting some of the recipes to the test. How will they turn out when we make them? I asked the ladies of the church to pick out a recipe, prepare it and send me a pic. I will be adding a new recipe picture every day as they come in. I hope you enjoy our culinary adventure. 


Mediterranean Hummus Recipe 4 from Jean


Jean wrote to me .... I made Suzanne Pace's Mediterranean Hummus, page 9. Assuming she meant the 15 to 16 ounce cans of beans, I did half a recipe with 2 eight ounce cups of beans. I used home cooked dry beans instead of the canned ones. (I cook up a big batch of these and freeze them to use in different recipes.) I used the stock from the cooked beans instead of water, and substituted a tablespoon of sunflower butter for the tahini because I had run out of that. I used my Nutri Bullet to mix the ingredients, so I dumped everything in at the same time.

I'm a big hummus eater and this version is quite yummy. I like the spicy flavor the cumin and red pepper add. It is very good with Quinoa and Black Bean chips (from Trader Joe's), Wild riceworks chips (from BJ's), fresh cucumbers and I'm also using it as a substitute for Mayonnaise on tomato and other sandwiches. Great stuff!
Blessings,
Jean

YUM!!! I am definitely going to try this one! Thanks, Jean! It looks very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment